July was a bit of a whirlwind, at the beginning of the month I was panicking because clients were being slow to pay me, so I took on a temporary gig that involved me spending 40 hours a week at an office. The money was good but it has been tough to balance doing that work and keeping up with my freelance work and blogging. However, I'm hoping that putting in this work now will help me to make more progress on my debt later. So without further adieu here is my July 2017 Debt Accountability report.
July 2017 Debt Accountability Numbers
Car Loan: $4,859.44 difference: +$238.05
Bar Loan: $8,393.38 difference: +$54.75 Refinancing has helped to have more of my payment go towards the principal. This progress is just due to regular payments.
If you have private loans or your debt to income ratio allows, consider refinancing with a company like SoFi. Learn more about what it's like to refinance with Sofi. Refinancing my bar loan with SoFi ended up saving me over $1,000. Use my link to refinance your student loan and you'll get a $100 bonus.
Student Loans: $256,937.81 difference: -$1080.09 This is just gross. Sadly IBR doesn’t even cover the interest. PSA: Don’t go to law school kids, my original student loan balance was about $193k.
SMART Goals for July 2017
- $5k in income Fail but it looks like I'll be hitting this goal in August
- Finish Unit 6 & 7 of EBA for LDMW, a strech for sure. Complete Unit 4, 5, &6 for Elizabethstapleton.com Draw I've been working hard and I've made progress but I'm not sure these are units you ever really finish. Though I can say I'm no where near done for elizabethstapleton.com
- Get car loan below $4,900 Pass
Smart Goals for August 2017
- Pass $5k income I'm still chasing this goal
- Get $2k saved up (I've got some a bunch of expenses coming up in September and I got to save up for them)
- Meal plan all month (When I picked up this temporary gig I meal planned and it's helped me keep my grocery costs down and allowed me to eat delicious meals with little effort throughout the week.) with a grocery budget of $200.
That is it for my July 2017 Debt Accountability Report! What are your goals and how are they going so far? Let me know in the comments