In June, life calmed down a bit, which meant I had the time to play catch up on work and life. As my income is still low, I’m really only making the minimum payments on my debt, but some of those do actually mean I’m making progress. Here is my June 2017 Debt accountability report.
June 2017 Debt Accountability Updates
Car Loan: $5,097.49 difference: +$189.92
Bar Loan: $8,448.13 difference: +54.04 Refinancing has helped to have more of my payment go towards the principal. This progress is just due to regular payments.
Student Loans: $255,857.72 difference: -$1,148.48 This is just gross. Sadly IBR doesn’t even cover the interest. PSA: Don’t go to law school kids, my original student loan balance was about $193k.
SMART Goals for June
- $5k in income – I’m going to try for $5k again since I won’t be taking a week off this month to deal with some personal matter, I think this is definitely a doable goal. FAIL
- Finish Unit 3 &4 of EBA – a blogging course I’m taking, this goal is a bit of a stretch but I do want to go for it PASS, I’m actually now on Unit 6
- Get car loan below $5,000 SO CLOSE, BUT NO CIGAR
SMART Goals for July
- $5k in income – I’m still chasing this goal
- Finish Unit 6 & 7 of EBA for LDMW, a strech for sure. Complete Unit 4, 5, &6 for Elizabethstapleton.com
- Get car loan below $4,900