Thanks for stopping by, allow me to introduce both Less Debt More Wine, and myself.
About Less Debt More Wine
Less Debt More Wine is all about kicking debt ass while still having a life and enjoying a bottle glass of wine. I decided to start Less Debt More Wine because I wasn’t seeing any debt focused blogs for people with tons of student loan debt that focused on the balance of aggressively paying off that debt and still having a life. Don't get me wrong, kudos to those people that have no life for 1-3 years and pay off $100k in debt, but frankly I like having a life.
How did doing everything right end up so wrong?
If you left law school or grad school in the last decade and are still dealing with your student loans, then you are in the right place. Because starting school when interest rates were high and finishing in the middle of a recession sucked.
We did everything right, all our lives we were told to go to college, we did, and being a lawyer was a prestigious career where we could make a difference, so we went to law school too. Little did we know that being a lawyer isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, it’s great for some, not for all. Nevermind the low paying jobs that were available when we finally finished school.
I Want Less Debt More Wine to Both Help & Inspire
I’m here to help you deal with the frustrating situation we’ve found ourselves in with our loans. Less Debt More Wine will help you to better manage money, enjoy life without overspending, and kick debt ass.
Less Debt More Wine focuses on paying off debt, saving money (but not being cheap), and making more money while trying to make sense of your finances has a whole (like that budgeting thing adults are supposed to do). On the site, you’ll find tons of content in the form of blog posts, some videos, and free downloads to help you take action on your finances, enjoy life, and finally destroy those law school loans.
If you're not sure where to start, check out the START HERE page which walks you through the most helpful posts on the site.
Giving You Tons of FREE Tools & Resources
To save you some time if you are new to figuring out this money thing, you can check out my Money 101 course and/or sign up for my newsletter. Both of which are jam-packed with information but laid out in small, easy to digest parts, because I know it can be a lot to take in.
My goal with Less Debt More Wine is to help you take control of your money, particularly your student debt, and take action to reach your goals. I’m not just talking about financial goals. If you are like me, then that student loan debt is also cramping some of your other goals (*cough* travel goals *cough*). Hopefully, Less Debt More Wine can help you find the balance to pursue both your money related and non-money related goals.
If you want to go ahead and check out all the FREE resources Less Debt More Wine has to offer, you can sign up to access the resource library here.
Hey there! I’m Liz the loud mouth behind Less Debt More Wine (formerly Friday Night Shenanigans).
I started figuring out my personal finances after I realized just how deep in debt I was, primarily student loan debt ($193k). Lucky me, I was college class of 2008 and law school class of 2011. To say I was unlucky with timing would be an understatement. But that is life and I’m more focused than ever to get myself out of debt.
Since starting this blog in 2014 I’ve paid off over $20k, including all of my credit card debt, one of my student loans and over 60% of my car loan. I’ve obviously got a long way to go, but you can learn more about that in my monthly accountability posts. Since you’re on the about page I’m guessing you’d like to know a little more about who I am, so here are some fun facts.
10 Fun Facts About Liz
- While I am an attorney, I do not actually practice. I landed a job that gives me the ego boost of being an attorney without having to actually do the work. I’m was much happier for it. In Dec. 2016 I was laid off from that job and I made the leap to self-employment. #girlboss
- Originally from the west coast and attending school on the east coast, I’ve driven cross country many times. The only states I haven’t visited are:
- North Dakota
- I’ve been to 6 countries. I also have a list more than twice as long of places I want to visit.
- The summer of 2004, I attended a leadership conference in D.C., our group got kicked out of the Supreme Court. We were later allowed back in but we missed the tour. I later made it back to take the tour when I was 27.
- For my 26th birthday, I ran a marathon. #basic
- I grew up playing soccer but started playing rugby in college. I have been in love with the sport ever since. Did you know 2016 was the first time women’s rugby was featured in the Olympics?
- When I was super stressed in law school I used the New Kids on the Block reunion as an outlet. I did all the events I could. It was very silly but also very fun. #noregrets
- Some friends call me Forrest, as in Forrest Gump. There may have been a time that I accidentally ended up at a rally on the Washington Mall once, I didn’t end up speaking at it though.
- I started painting when I was 14 and won several awards at both the local and state fairs. I stopped when I went to college and only recently started painting again. This blog has been an additional creative outlet when I’m not painting.
- I’m a terrible movie junkie. I’ve never seen the classics but I can tell you all about random ones that bombed and I loved.
I’d love to get to know you too
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better, I’d sure love to get to know you. Hit me up with an email and let me know what you’re working towards or what I can help you with. If you would like to get in touch, check out my Contact page. 🙂