March 2017 Debt Accountability
I know I missed February but it wasn’t all that exciting of a month anyway. March had a lot more going on. It included lots of trips to the vet for a sick puppy and a trip out to the Seattle to hang out with my sister and her kids.
Onto my accountability report and my second income report on the blog.
March 2017 Debt Progress Updates
Car Loan: $5,486.27 difference: +$358.63 I put a good chunk of my tax refund towards my car loan, I want this sucker paid off.
Bar Loan: $8,618.62 difference: +128.40 Refinancing has helped to have more of my payment go towards the principal. This progress is just due to regular payments.
Student Loans: $252,710.48 difference: -$1,273.28 This is just gross. Sadly IBR doesn’t even cover the interest. PSA: Don’t go to law school kids, my original student loan balance was about $193k.
SMART Goals for February
- Cross the $3k income mark Fail Though I should definitely surpass it in April
- Finish the blogging course I’ve been taking Pass Just in time to start Elite Blog Academy
- Put an extra $50 toward debt, this is low but it is a good goal since I’ve gone to full-time self-employment and am working to increase my income. Pass I put way more than $50 towards my car loan
SMART Goals for April
- Get Car Loan below the $4k mark. A stretch but not impossible.
- Finish Unit 2 and Unit 3 of EBA
- $4k in income, also a stretch but not impossible.